human-beings-discuss

[Human-beings-discuss] balance human development and war

From: Régis Guinvarc'h
Subject: [Human-beings-discuss] balance human development and war
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:58:55 +0200

> I think the balance between human/civilization development and
> war is one of the critical issues of the project. We need to have
> interesting war handling (e.g. far better than civ), but force
> players to combine it with development, which is not
> straightforward (IMO). Please comment on it if you want.

i agree for the importance of the balance, but i think it's quite easy to do
thanks to military improvements. i mean, exactly as in Civ, the one who has
the best technologies has the best military units. Therefor you have to
develop your civizaltion, because the better the military units, the more
their cost.

another way to improve the balance is the goal of the game. sorry if you've
already talk about it, but what is it exactly?  just wipe out all the other
players ? or something like the best score (which score has to be defined) ?
or something like spacerace ?