human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] multiple politic systems or not?

From: Guillaume Cottenceau
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] multiple politic systems or not?
Date: 18 Apr 2002 14:27:53 +0200

"Régis Guinvarc'h" <address@hidden> writes:

> > - I don't think it brings a valuable dimension to the game since
> >   a large majority of players start with despotism and end up
> >   with republic/democracy anyway; this could be sort of
> >   "automatically" handled by the technology advance and social
> >   consistency of the civilization (e.g. a war or civil disorder
> >   would decrease production automatically)
>
> ok for civil disorders. But on the contrary, depending on the kind of war,
> war can increase production (cf. the USA & the WWII). Or decrease it, wether
> people are pro or against it.

So it's kinda hard to simulate. For example, a war today in
France would probably mean bad consequences on french economy.
It's true that sometimes war can mean increase of production. So
I don't know how to connect those two. Maybe do nothing? But the
fact that in Civilization, war is bad in republic/democracy was
pretty cool. It's normal that a socially advanced civilization
dislikes war, IMHO. But it clashes with my ambition to have "nice
war handling" in human beings.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/