human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] multiple politic systems or not?

From: François Pons
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] multiple politic systems or not?
Date: 18 Apr 2002 14:59:40 +0200

Guillaume Cottenceau <address@hidden> writes:

> "Régis Guinvarc'h" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > - I don't think it brings a valuable dimension to the game since
> > >   a large majority of players start with despotism and end up
> > >   with republic/democracy anyway; this could be sort of
> > >   "automatically" handled by the technology advance and social
> > >   consistency of the civilization (e.g. a war or civil disorder
> > >   would decrease production automatically)
> >
> > ok for civil disorders. But on the contrary, depending on the kind of war,
> > war can increase production (cf. the USA & the WWII). Or decrease it,
> > wether
> > people are pro or against it.
>
> So it's kinda hard to simulate. For example, a war today in

Not necessary, a country in war against another country, there is two
possibilities :
 1) the war take place in the country means there could a lot of problem on
    economy.
 2) the war take place somewhere else (the other country) and the economy can be
    boosted if almost nothing happens physically in the country.

Just an idea, it doesn't work all the time the same way of course.

François.