human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] multiple politic systems or not?

From: Guillaume Cottenceau
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] multiple politic systems or not?
Date: 18 Apr 2002 16:03:49 +0200

"Régis Guinvarc'h" <address@hidden> writes:

> > war could be only more difficult in republic/democracy, but not impossible.
> > ie, you have to be nice with the government when you are more civilized.
> > For instance, try to do prisonners instead of genocide, try to cost less in
> > war, have a more defensive strategy...
>
> actually another important fact might be who declare war on who. If you're
> attacked, when under republic/democraty, people feel more concern, so better
> production. When under despotism, people doesn't care at all who is their
> master.

Yes, and this is similar to Civilization.

But my concern on this is also the following: it can then get
frustrating to be "forbidden" to declare war, if war is nicely
handled (so, enjoyable for the player).

Of course it is realistic to do so, but the question is whether
it is a good decision or not because of what I explained above.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/