Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X

From: Mark McClure
Subject: Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:54:11 -0400

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thus, I expect to be able to build the library with GMP
>> support but I receive the following error after make:
>> ld: pointer in read-only segment not allowed in slidable image,
> I haven't seen this error message before, but I'll try to find out
> what's causing this. How did you install gmp? I think it's not part of
> the standard Mac OS X Snow Leopard distribution.

I believe I got it when I installed the Enthought Python distribution.  The
libraries are in /usr/local/lib and the header in /usr/local/include.

> I'm attaching a "fake" xml2-config file which makes use of
> /usr/lib/xml2Conf.sh. Put this somewhere in your path, make sure that
> the OS finds it (e.g., by typing "which xml2-config" in the command
> line) and reconfigure igraph. Let me know whether it works or not -- if
> it does, I'll try to incorporate this somehow into the next release.

Yes, that worked fine.  I did actually have an xml2-config file on my
path, by the way, in:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/

It only seems to work when it's in one of the /usr sub-directories.

> Errrm... I usually do the following and this works:
> CFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_86 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4" ./configure

Well, that didn't work either.  I get the following:
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

This is not a huge deal to me, though.

Thanks a lot Tamas,
Mark