Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:25:29 +0100

> >> It only seems to work when it's in one of the /usr sub-directories.
> > It works when xml2-config is on your path, whatever it may be. I'll try
> > to come up with a workaround for the next release.
Wait. I also have an xml2-config in my /usr/bin (and it's not a
symlink). Not sure how it got there, though. I'm also using Mac OS X
Snow Leopard. Do you have that file in /usr/bin?

> As it turns out, a build for multiple architectures doesn't seem to
> work with several other gcc options in the make file, like -E, -S, and
> -M.  The -mmacosx-version-min option seems to work just fine, though,
> which is probably more important.
I guess the way to go in this case would be to compile the object files
with -arch i386 and -arch x86_64 separately and then link them together
using lipo. Never tried that, though. The options that you mentioned are
related to the generation of dependency rules in the makefile, so we
can't really get rid of them without switching to a completely different
build system.