Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X

From: Mark McClure
Subject: Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:16:37 -0400

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yes, that worked fine.  I did actually have an xml2-config file on my
>> path, by the way, in:
>> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/
>>
>> It only seems to work when it's in one of the /usr sub-directories.
> It works when xml2-config is on your path, whatever it may be. I'll try
> to come up with a workaround for the next release.

That doesn't appear to be my experience:
mcmcclur$ which xml2-config
  yields ->
  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/xml2-config

./config
  yields (among other things) ->
  GraphML format support -- no

mcmcclur$ sudo mv
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/xml2-config
/usr/local/bin
./config
  yields ->
  GraphML format support -- yes

>> > CFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_86 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4" ./configure
>> Well, that didn't work either.  I get the following:
>> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> Hmmm... maybe it should be x86_64 instead of x86_86? ;)

Oops. :)
As it turns out, a build for multiple architectures doesn't seem to
work with several other gcc options in the make file, like -E, -S, and
-M.  The -mmacosx-version-min option seems to work just fine, though,
which is probably more important.

Thanks a lot,
Mark