[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] compiling error

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] compiling error
Date: 22 Apr 2002 11:02:59 -0700

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 08:27, Tim Westbrook wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      While attempting to check out SWAMI , i ran into the following error
> with the CVS version of
> iiwusynth.
>
> gcc -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -O2 -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith
> -Wbad-function-cast
> -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -o .libs/iiwusynth
> iiwusynth.o
> /root/src/swami/iiwusynth/iiwusynth/src/.libs/libiiwusynth.so -lm -lreadline
> -lncurses -L/usr/lib
> -lm -lm -lm -L/root/src/swami/iiwusynth/iiwusynth/src/.libs
> /usr/lib/libjack.so
> /usr/lib/libglib.so -lm /usr/lib/libasound.so -lm -lpthread -lm -ldl
> /root/src/swami/iiwusynth/iiwusynth/src/.libs/libiiwusynth.so: undefined
> reference to
> `iiwu_profile_data'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [iiwusynth] Error 1
>
>     I tried setting WITH_PROFILING to zero (iiwu_sys.c) , but I guess that is
> not enough ;(
> because then I get some different errors wrt profiling.
>
>     I had no problem compiling the released version 0.0.6.
>     I can provide more detail if needed.

I'm having the same problem. I haven't really looked into that
particular problem with iiwusynth yet, but the developers are aware of
it (at least I think so :)

>     One more thing, I am interested in swami as a general patch editor , do
> you see it heading
> that direction eventually?

Yes! I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It will require a bit
of work with regards to libsoundfont (still looking for a better name
for this library, any ideas?) to make it more general. I would like to
start by looking at DLS (DownLoadable Sounds). This task is currently
secondary (at least until after the LinuxTag in June) as Swami still
lacks many basic sound font editing operations. Can't save yet, no
pasting of items, no undo dialog, etc.. Saving will work real soon now
though (TM).

> Thanks for your time
> -Tim

Thanks for trying it out :) I'll look into that problem with iiwusynth,
if someone else doesn't before me.. Cheers.
        Josh Green