[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] compiling error

From: Tim Westbrook
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] compiling error
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:36:42 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes! I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It will require a bit
> of work with regards to libsoundfont (still looking for a better name
> for this library, any ideas?)

 nope, Generic Patch Library (GPL) , well I guess that one is taken ;)

> to make it more general. I would like to
> start by looking at DLS (DownLoadable Sounds). This task is currently
> secondary (at least until after the LinuxTag in June) as Swami still
> lacks many basic sound font editing operations. Can't save yet, no
> pasting of items, no undo dialog, etc.. Saving will work real soon now
> though (TM).

Great!

I was able to get swami compiled after I removed the "po" directorie from the
SUBDIRS , makefile
variable as it was making the build fail.

The contents of the po dir are

 address@hidden swami]# ls -la swami/po
 total 100
 drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Apr 23 23:09 .
 drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root         4096 Apr 23 23:09 ..
 -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Mar 18 20:06 ChangeLog
 drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr 23 23:09 CVS
 -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        70868 Mar 18 20:06 de.po
 -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         6854 Mar 18 20:06 Makefile.in.in
 -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          135 Mar 18 20:06 POTFILES.in

But anyway , it looks great .

A few more questions, By default does swami currently use iiwusynth as its
output?

When I am running swami I see no additional entries in
/proc/asound/seq/clients. and I would like
to use aconnect and my keyboard to trigger and do controllers, Is there some
way I can hard code
these values to connect an alsa sequencer to swami? What file should I look at.

Thanks again
-Tim