Re: Supercite, citation styles, and netiquette

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Supercite, citation styles, and netiquette
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:28:15 +0200

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:19:05 +0100, Neil wrote:

> Thanks. Yes, they were the variables I was looking for. However,
> this still gives me the default

> attribution line. What I would like is something like the
> attribution line I use now, in cases where sc-nested-citation-p is
> t. (The defaults are fine otherwise.)

I am using a rather convoluted home-made function for creating the
attribution line I prefer (with special cases for people with two
firstnames and two lastnames, and for some of my annoying friends),
but basically I do this:

 (defun sc-header-on-author-wrote ()
   [... returns what I want the attribution line to be
        the actual code calls a number of functions because, well it
        was one of my first forays into elisp ...]

 (setq sc-reference-tag-string "")
 (setq sc-rewrite-header-list
       '((sc-header-on-author-wrote)))
 (setq sc-preferred-header-style 0)

I think there are some default functions you can use, so you don't
have to write your own, but I'm to lazy to look it up in the manual.

  Best regards,

--
 "Some are born to sweet delight                              Adam Sjøgren
  Some are born to endless night"                        asjo@koldfront.dk