Re: Caching IMAP articles

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Caching IMAP articles
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:33:53 +0200

On 11 oct 2004, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> > > These are my agent configuration to achieve this:
> > >
> > > '(gnus-agent-consider-all-articles t)
> > > '(gnus-agent-enable-expiration (quote DISABLE))
> >
> > Sorry to bother, but why do you disable agent expiration ?
>
> Because disk is cheaper than bandwidth. Also because with
> g-a-c-a-a enabled, otherwise the agent would re-download
> articles every time, and then expire them immediately, as well.

Oh I see. My guess is I am lost with all the agent, cache,
no-cache, backlog, ... Not speaking of expiration which is
somewhat hard to master. How do you expire articles then ?

Agent doesn't expire any article in your configuration so what if
you mark an article as expirable ?

> > Why can't I expire articles in the agent without having it
> > trying to download articles again and again... ?
>
> Perhaps you could modify the agent predicate to not download
> articles that would be expired.

Hmm, yes I think it may not be too difficult (even for a Lisp
beginner I am).
--
Hito no kokoro wa kawareru mono