Re: getting fancy splitting instead of splitting

From: Bill Harris
Subject: Re: getting fancy splitting instead of splitting
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 06:40:16 GMT

kai@emptydomain.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Ah, I forgot that case.  One could say (if (boundp
> 'nnmail-split-methods) nnmail-split-methods "unbound") instead of just
> nnmail-split-methods in the statement.

That makes sense.  If I had taken more time, I might have come up with
that and tried it.

> How come you don't see anything?  Weird.  Does it help to use sit-for
> instead of sleep-for?  Does it help to say (redraw-display) before
> (sleep-for 3) or (sit-for 3)?
>
> Ick.  I should be testing this.

I didn't take the time to test it today, but I can say that, once I
erased my .gnus.elc, I did see the display in the minibuffer for the
statements in .gnus.

>> Afterwards, (mapcar 'car load-history) gives a list that's not too
>> meaningful: [...]  given that it's truncated.
>
> I just tried it, and M-x ielm RET doesn't truncate.

Ah.  Thanks.  Both C-j and C-e do from *scratch*.

> I'm happy that it works now.  Apologies for the clumsy help.

NP.  That was just what I needed to solve the problem, and I learned a
few things along the way.  Thanks!

MfG,

Bill
--
Bill Harris                      http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/
Facilitated Systems                              Everett, WA 98208 USA