ipfc-developer

Re: [Ipfc-developer] Status

From: Glauber Reis
Subject: Re: [Ipfc-developer] Status
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:44:20 -0300 (ART)

 --- Tycho Fruru <address@hidden> escreveu:
> On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 15:04, Glauber Reis wrote:
> >  --- Tycho Fruru <address@hidden>
> escreveu:
> > >
> > > Far from it.  It's just been a long time since
> there
> > > has been a release
> > > :-)
> > >
> > Then it been actively developed?
>
> Yes.  I guess that your best bet right now would be
> to look at the CVS
> version.
>
> > I got a special interest in IPFC, for it is alike
> one
> > project we have here at work and since I dont want
> > re-invent the wheel I want to push my efforts
> towards
> > IPFC, kind of like a branch or so since we planned
> > another db-backend and a "SOAP-aware webserver"
>
> Could you explain a bit more what you want to do ?
> If it's a good idea
> we could work on it together (avoiding to reinvent
> the wheel as you say
> :-)
Well, basically the idea was around a XML-based
framework for remote configuration and monitoring of
Linux and FreeBSD based appliances. So, we had to
start thinking of the applications necessary since we
would work on an enviroment with resource
constraints(we should develop (or adopt) a small
footprint webserver, XML parser as well as monitoring
and configuration agents). We were not to use any
"bloated" application.
The idea then evolved to a much broader focus (
something like a framework for a MSS Provider) and at
the same time I ran into IPFC which is somewhat alike
what we wanted. My idea is, as of now, having a
completely platform and language independed framework
for not only monitoring but also configure remote
services that would be able to encompass the initial
idea which focus on appliances(i mean, an IPFC branch
focusing embedded systems).

> > amongst other things. IPFC really lacks docs and
> if
>
> Yes.
>
> > desired, as to it, I want to write a HOWTO. I
> started
> > scruntinizing the code to getting a better view of
> it.
> > I'd really want to know the status (changes) of
> IPFC
> > up until now so that I do not work on something
> that
> > is already done.
>
> Get the CVS version.  The docs haven't improved
> though :-(
> >

> Cheers
> Tycho
>
> --
> Tycho Fruru                   address@hidden
> "Prediction is extremely difficult. Especially about
> the future."
>   - Niels Bohr

Glauber Reis

Busca Yahoo!
O serviço de busca mais completo da Internet. O que você pensar o Yahoo!
encontra.
http://br.busca.yahoo.com/