kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:42:47 +0100

On 6 August 2012 21:53, Jamison Hope <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does that loadClass line need to be there at all, or could we just have
> some lines like defSntxStFld("destructuring-bind",
> "gnu.commonlisp.lisp.defmacro");
> instead?
>
> My understanding of how those things work is this:
> - loadClass() immediately loads everything in the file
> - def*Fld() doesn't load anything yet, it just lazily says where to find the
> function/macro later; it gets loaded as if by
> (import (only (class name) function-name))
> the first time the function is referenced.

I'm not having much success with this. I've uploaded my latest changes
to my repository (it probably won't build, and it does, not symbols
will be accessible...). Does the def*Fld stuff rely on names being
module-export'd? That's the only difference I see much significance in
between the CL and Scheme libraries. The files I'm concentrating on
are:

gnu/commonlisp/lang/CommonLisp.java
gnu/commonlisp/lisp/*.lisp ; files from which I am trying to def*Fld

Charles.