kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status

From: Jamison Hope
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:47:37 -0400

On Aug 9, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Jamison Hope wrote:

There's clearly some piece of the magic that we're missing.

Charlie, I think it's a capitalization issue. CL is upcasing
the symbols, so GENSYM ends up as
    public static final gnu.expr.ModuleMethod GENSYM;
in gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primitives. But defProcStFld creates
a StaticFieldLocation whose name is case sensitive, and
so when it tries to resolve itself (in ClassMemberLocation#setup)
it looks for a field called "gensym" and not "GENSYM", doesn't
find it, and throws an unbound location exception.

The Right Thing To Do is probably up for debate a bit, but
for now try doing the declarations all caps like
    defProcStFld("GENSYM", "gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primitives");

That seems to work for me.

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope