koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User inter

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User interfase
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:21:08 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Paul,

My consortia of libraries has assigned me the task of making a translation in
Swedish.  If there is documentation about how to do a translation, then please
point out the link.
Because of the low traffic on koha-translate and the discussions here, I presume
now that the koha-translate list is now depreciated and that discussions of
translation are to be discussed from now on in koha-devel instead.
In fact, it's still here & needs some rebirth. There are specific translation tools in Koha, so the koha-translate ML should be used.

In the mean time, I have found the three files "intranet.fr", "opac-css.fr", and
"opac.fr" in the directory koha/misc/translator and created corresponding ones
for Swedish : "intranet.sv", "opac-css.sv", and "opac.sv" with the second column
of text being in Swedish. Is that the recommended method?
No.
In fact, there is a highly better tool than the one I did for french 2.0 : it's tmpl_process3.pl
This tool works like the tmpl_process.pl tool that was used for french.
But it generates .po file.
A .po file is standard in the free software world. So you can use various tools to do your translation stuff : kbabel is the most known.

For 2.2 release, we will drop the tmpl_process.pl script (already done) and use the tmpl_process3 script. and i've installed kartouche, a nice software, on a web interface, that all french can use to do translation. 60% of the OPAC is done & 10% of the intranet.

--
Paul POULAIN