koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] Multilingual Support in The User interfase

From: lars
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Multilingual Support in The User interfase
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:40:43 +0300

Thanks, Urska and Paul.

Lainaus Urska Colner <address@hidden>:

> there is a very useful program for translating .po
> files. it's called KBabel and will run under
> Linux, i'm not sure for Windows, though.

kbabel installed just fine and runs just fine on OS X using Fink,
Though it used about 5 GB of disk space with all
the other stuff it downloaded.
I'll add kbabel to my Linux machines too, just to be flexible.
I haven't used MS-Windows at work for 7 years and
it's never been more that an aside even back then.
In fact, I don't even condone its use anymore in any context.
So that's not a worry.

> this program will display the original string
> (sentence) in one field and you'll have to insert
> a translation into another field. it is fast and
> easy. and all you need for that is a .po file
> (sort of enhanced txt file) with the original
> text, which you can get from the Koha archive files.

Do you mean these '.po' files or other ones?
        ./koha/misc/translator/default_intranet_pl_PL.po
        ./koha/misc/translator/default_opac_pl_PL.po

How about for the MARC21 or UNIMARC field names?

-Lars

This mail sent through L-secure: http://www.l-secure.net/