Re: Licensing Issues

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: Licensing Issues
Date: 09 Oct 2002 21:04:53 +0200

address@hidden (Neal H. Walfield) wrote:

> >>The problem is that we need to sign some type of NDA to use Pistachio
> >>before there is a public release.

Do they ask for an NDA just to be able to publish code that uses the
(preliminary?) external interface to pistachio? Is that interface much
different to that which is described in the draft L4 spec that was
announced here a while ago?

Tom Hart <address@hidden> writes:

> I assume the problem is more that NDA's go against the nature of Free
> Software - specifically,

If you have ever heard rms describe the roots of the GNU project,
you'll know that he thinks that NDA:s (on technical information) are
evil. And I guess many of the GNU folks feel the same.

Well, I'm really sorry for anybody involved if they feel they need to
sign any NDA:s. For outsiders, it looks like Neal's work is locked up
until the time Pistachio is officially released, whenever that
happens.

I hope that Neal will be able to publish his code soon, even if nobody
outside the pistachio team will be able to run it for some time.

Regards,
/Niels