Re: Working on the ddf

From: Daniel Wagner
Subject: Re: Working on the ddf
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:02:53 +0200

> The libhurd-server-cap looks finished for what we need.  I read all the
> sourcecode and have a (for my feeling) really good idea about how it works.
>
> So, you can assume I will work on this.

Fine.  I think the deva code uploaded on my web space is the latest.
So you can start to hack on it at once.

> > Right at the moment I'm doing some work on dplm.
>
> How closely does it cooperate with deva?  In that case we need to cooperate
> with eachother to work that out.

Deva and dplm will work very closely together.  We have to design the
interface first of course.  But you can start to work on the interface
to the hurd servers (wortel, physmem).

> > just called DDF which is a rather generic name.  Do you have a good
> > proposal?  As soon we have a good name I can check it in on sv.

Alfred is come up with a rather cool name.  What do you think about calling
it Fabrica or The Fabrica Frame work (it means "producer" litaraliy)

> Ok, that is great.  Did you read slashdot yesterday?  RMS descided that
> we will stop using savannah and start using nforge.

Nope didn't have time to read slashdot.  I hope the migration process
is going rather smooth :)

> How about using the name "ddf"? :)

Ah, it's lame :)

> Within the project "hurd" ddf is a good name, IMHO.

I don't know.

cheers,
daniel