Re: Working on the ddf

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Working on the ddf
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:22:33 +0200

At Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:08:57 +0200,
> That's great.  Deva is quite crucial and needs special attention.  I
> haven't done much on deva because I was waiting for Marcus to
> finishing the libhurd-server-cap thing.  Furthermore, I haven't
> figured out how exactly the ddf-archive (driver archive for
> bootstrapping) to hand over to deva.  If you like to work on this, be
> my guest.

This is actually rather easy.  I have gotten a task server dummy to
work, ie, wortel starts it, and it is using simplistic dummy
containers in physmem.

So, what will be done for deva is that the deva store container gets
assigned to the deva task (this is actually already implemented), and
the capability ID of this container gets passed on the command line or
as part of the startup data.  Then deva can map it into its own
virtual address space.

Srarting deva will be almost exactly identical to starting the task
server.  So, it will be very easy to add.  When I have cleaned up my
task server starting code, I will check it in.