Re: Working on the ddf

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Working on the ddf
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:18:41 +0200

At Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:22:32 +0200 (CEST),
cookin wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Daniel Wagner wrote:

> : just called DDF which is a rather generic name.  Do you have a good
> : proposal?  As soon we have a good name I can check it in on sv.
>
> Why should it _not_ be put in the Hurd repo?  Isn't this effort
> part of the Hurd project?  Or is it because you're trying to build
> a generic server, which can be used by other operating systems?
> I see that as a secondary priority.  First, lets get hurd-l4 running.

Note that we need a separate module in any way: Daniel reported
problems getting the automake stuff to work within a subdirectory of
hurd-l4.  We are setting some defaults that are not appropriate for
the device driver stuff (as it should stay independent of any Hurd-L4
code).

So, for now, this can be a module in the Hurd repo.  As Daniels said,
if it happens to be usable and used on more than the Hurd, it makes
sense to move it to its own Savannah project.

Note that deva is a part of the Hurd proper, and will get into hurd-l4.