Re: Directories traversal (was Re: the deadly hypercube of death, or: ha

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Directories traversal (was Re: the deadly hypercube of death, or: handling permissions)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:22:11 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 28/04/2006 hora 13:59:
> So, I think that most people will only ever care about their home
> directory at most

Yeah, but when they open a file selection dialog, they will expect to
see exactly what they see in their file manager. That's what I'm a bit
worried about.

When applying POLA, at least they will not be able to browser their full
$HOME  within any application, maybe they won't see the same content
within two different applications. That is where we must be careful to
give hints to the user about what is happening.

Pedagogically,
Nowhere man
--
address@hidden