libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:49:15 -0500

On 11/22/2011 10:20 AM, Bastiaan Timmer wrote:
> Also, please let me know if you have any other solution than throwing, I
> have actually managed to never write throwing functions up til now, so
> now I think I have to read up on C++ exception handling. Also, C
> programmers in my situation wouldn't have this luxury.

Not to get into a religious debate, but C++ was originally built as a C
pre-processor.  Hence, most things that can be done in C++, can be done
in C.  Exception handling can be implemented in C using the setjmp() and
longjmp() functions.  I have an old exception handling library that I
wrote in C.

I'll try to remember to look at the paranoia read audio interface some
time this week.  I have one more half day of work before my Thanksgiving
Holiday.

Rob