libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function

From: Bastiaan Timmer
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:46:36 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 11/25/11, Robert William Fuller <address@hidden> wrote:
A couple of questions.  Are you doing something like this?

cdio_paranoia_modeset(rip->paranoiaRipObj, PARANOIA_MODE_FULL ^
PARANOIA_MODE_NEVERSKIP);

This line of code clears the NEVERSKIP bit.  You need this to keep
paranoia from re-trying forever.  I think you need this in conjunction
with specifying a number of retries to the read_limited interface.
I had actually set the paranoia mode to PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE (that should work right?) and used paranoia_read_limited(d_paranoia, callback, 2). From reading the source, paranoia_read() just calls read_limited, with max retries = 20 (if I remember it right), so it might not even be necessary to call read_limited. As I mentioned in my previous mail, I will try to create a small example program next week. Now, that I think about it, I might even have some time tomorrow (but no promises).

Thanks,
Bas Timmer