libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:54:32 -0500

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Bastiaan Timmer <address@hidden> wrote:
Ok, I created a small example yesterday. I don't know if I can attach files here or send it to your personal email addresses so I've pasted it here: http://paste2.org/p/1799532

This works. I have a copy of the program now and run it and see it failing. Thanks.

It should be more straightforward now to check that the return value should indeed be a DRIVER_OP_BAD_POINTER instead of BAD_PARAMETER.

Just let me know if I should get it to you some other way. The file is just the example_paranoia.c program, with the wav-writing removed and a custom read_audio and callback added.

The reason the read_audio fails is in line 38, where 0 is passed instead of the allocated buffer (and it returns BAD_PARAMETER). The reason read_paranoia doesn't return is in line 131, where the paranoia mode is set to PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE.

To come back to Robert's message about the paranoia mode, it seems that when I set the mode to PARANOIA_MODE_FULL^PARANOIA_MODE_NEVERSKIP, it does indeed allow skipping and so, it doesn't hang. I would have thought PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE would also allow skipping, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've also tried PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE^PARANOIA_MODE_NEVERSKIP, but that doesn't work either. So I guess that might be a bug? Or is it intended that skipping is not allowed when paranoia is disabled?

Again, this is paranoia's API not libcdio's. So although you may get thought and opinions here,I would imagine the best place to ask for a change is in the paranoia mailing list if it is deemed that this is an API bug.

Also, if I were doing that I'd probably rewrite the program so that it doesn't use libcdio at all. I am pretty sure that you'd get the same results but they'll probably want you to make sure.

thanks,
Bas