libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function

From: Bastiaan Timmer
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Custom read_audio function
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 03:42:44 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I created a small example yesterday. I don't know if I can attach files here or send it to your personal email addresses so I've pasted it here: http://paste2.org/p/1799532

Just let me know if I should get it to you some other way. The file is just the example_paranoia.c program, with the wav-writing removed and a custom read_audio and callback added.

The reason the read_audio fails is in line 38, where 0 is passed instead of the allocated buffer (and it returns BAD_PARAMETER). The reason read_paranoia doesn't return is in line 131, where the paranoia mode is set to PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE.

To come back to Robert's message about the paranoia mode, it seems that when I set the mode to PARANOIA_MODE_FULL^PARANOIA_MODE_NEVERSKIP, it does indeed allow skipping and so, it doesn't hang. I would have thought PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE would also allow skipping, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've also tried PARANOIA_MODE_DISABLE^PARANOIA_MODE_NEVERSKIP, but that doesn't work either. So I guess that might be a bug? Or is it intended that skipping is not allowed when paranoia is disabled?

thanks,
Bas