libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?

From: 桃源老師
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 20:52:34 +0900

Hello Rocky-san,

Thanks for kind support...

> 2017/09/16 午後8:25、Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>のメール:
>
> Do the libcdio tests succeed? Or are you still getting a testdevices error
> like you did before?

Well, I have succeeded to run libcdio tools including cd-paranoia.  But make
check still fails as follows:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  check-TESTS
PASS: abs_path
PASS: bincue
PASS: cdda
PASS: cdrdao
SKIP: freebsd
SKIP: gnu_linux
PASS: logger
FAIL: mmc_read
FAIL: mmc_write
PASS: nrg
FAIL: osx
PASS: realpath
SKIP: solaris
PASS: track
SKIP: win32
Testsuite summary for libcdio 0.94
# TOTAL: 15
# PASS:  8
# SKIP:  4
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  3
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See test/driver/test-suite.log
Please report to https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=libcdio

Does this mean something wrong?

> As for the linker error, that is easily explained because
> "-Wl,-framework,DiskArbitration"  is missing in the ffmpeg link command.

> When you see the configure message "checking for DiskArbitration framework...
> yes" those linker options are added.

OK.  I'll tell ffmpeg team above.  Doesn't it required in pkgconfig file, *.pc
on your side?

> So how does ffmpeg determine what linker options to provide?

I think they uses pkgconfig.   Oh am I correctly answer your question?

> To be clear, I don't expect the last release of libcdio to work on High
> Sierra. Only the git version will work.

OK. I understand.

> Yes, the the failure in creating the manual cd-drive.1 can be ignored.

OK. I understand.

> The git for libcdio-paranoia is on github:
> https://github.com/rocky/libcdio-paranoia  but in contrast to libcdio, what
> is in git pretty much matches (if not exactly) the last release.

So is it OK to use last release version for libcdio-paranoia?

> To build documentation, one needs to run configure with
> the switch --enable-maintainer-mode. This is done for when you run the
> autogen.sh script which is what you are told to do in "README.develop". I
> will be more explicit in the documentation about that. However when you build
> the documentation you need to make sure you move more packages installed like
> texinfo and help2man. That is also mentioned in README.develop

I have tried to add --enable-maintainer-mode in configure option, since my
system does not have GNU Help2man,
it failed.  So I use commenting line 507.

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi