Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 19:08:09 +0200

On 23/05/12 17:39, Jason Self wrote:
Labeling might be a good thing to do but I'm not sure that I agree with your
reasoning behind it. Your explanation make it seem as if "non-technical users"
as you describe them are just mindless sheep "that passively graze on what
others make available to them." [1]

That was not what I meant at all.
I believe even users with a profound interest in freedom of software and an honest commitment to their choice face "technical" problems: They may not have the time and patience to research what license a project uses, what it means, what the difference between other licenses are and whether it is "officially free software". People can make their choices more easily when they see the label and know what it means.