Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: lluvia
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:03:19 +0200

> The text is important!
> My first idea would be to just mention the four freedoms with a short
> introduction.
> Additionally we might have practical examples of the freedoms
> displayed upon hovering over them, or something like that.

Maybe just not writing the freedoms in the splash page but in the deeper
page would be good for keeping the interest on the people: although I
recognize the high importance of the 4 freedoms, I think they need a
lot of deep knowledge from the lector for beeing able of appreciate
their importance. Instead, I would remark that it is a
collaborative effort which anyone will always be able to use and
participate.

The next is just an idea for the examples: we could say
that free software is like Wikipedia but with software, and the fact
that, inded, Wikipedia knews the importance of free software and chose
to use only it even when there was better non-free alternatives for
some particular tasks.