Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [fossil-users] [OT] Who's interested in projec

From: Miles Fidelman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [fossil-users] [OT] Who's interested in project management & collaboration tools? And...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:44:34 -0400

Thomas Harding wrote:
On 10/08/2012 18:53, Miles Fidelman wrote:

But I think what you are actually saying is :
"For $25, the user receives binaries *and*
source-code for the 'client' component, but
does not recieve binaries nor source-code
for the 'server' component.".
 I think I understand the confusion.

Ahhh...
- on the formal release date, all client and server code will be available, GPL (or other open source license) for download by anyone

Miles, for server code I suggest you something stronger than GPL, as GPL allows someone to modify code an it's own server (as an *unpublished* fork), e.g to allow only a non-free "client"

I strongly suggest Affero-GPLv3 for server code which covers that point.

Good point. One of my goals for the next month or two is to do a thorough review of license options - for precisely reasons like the one you've identified. Thanks!

Miles
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947703258/smart-notebooks-keeping-on-the-same-page-across-th