Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: Giuseppe Molica
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 12:53:29 +0200

> As already stated, the other (non-ND) CC licenses already *include*
> clauses already that state that modified version must be marked as
> modified and that authors can demand that their name be *removed* from
> derivatives they wish to not be associated with.

Let's make a theoretical example: if you write a political article, and I
decide to translate it in
italian, making some changes, and marking it as "modified", what your
"gain" is?

It becomes MY representation of YOUR view, so it doesn't help your
cause; who is interested in your opinion must read your version: this
means that my translation is useless and "dangerous", because who doesn't
check will never know how my modified version is different from the
original article, and could think (despite the mark) that our visions
are "similar".

--
Giuseppe Molica

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Juvenal