Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 10:40:21 -0400

> 'notice how users are now called “recipients,” and their Freedoms are
> now called “permissions”'

ROFL.

The words recipient, permission, freedom, and user are different and
they are all used when we discuss software licensing and related topics.
There is no "switch" that is occurring. The words permission and
recipient are used throughout the GNU GPL versions 2 and 3, including in
the preamble. They are also used on license-list.html to describe
software licenses, although it is true they are used less frequently.

--
Joshua Gay
Licensing & Compliance Manager  <http://www.fsf.org/licensing>