Re: Chord brackets

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Chord brackets
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:28:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Quoting Chris Jackson <address@hidden>:

> Before I get bored of hacking brackets

If you are not tired of coding brackets then I suggest that you snoop into
ottava :-)

My idea (the simplest) is to use the piano pedal engraver to draw ottavas (so
that ottava spanners are actually implemented as "ottava-pedals". When thinking
back on the old harpsichords this is perhaps not as silly as it first sounds).

In this case, all you have to do is to
- allow for dashed mixed-style pedals (don't remember if this is already
possible)
- mirror the bracket (upside down) when XxxPedalLineSpaner's direction is "up"
- add a "ottava-pedal".

Otherwise (in case someone don't concider ottava-pedals "clean") some new grobs
should probably be added... Perhaps lots of your pedal-bracket-code should be
moved to a more general place so that others could use it as well... Perhaps
you could even fix the allignment bug of voltas this way?

I know that it is bad to spam this list with ideas without contributing with
anything... But, well, in the summer, then I'll be back!

-Rune (too busy)