Re: Lilypond can't find its fonts

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Lilypond can't find its fonts
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:15:09 -0400

On Aug 1, 2004, at 6:08 PM, Matthias Neeracher wrote:

In article <address@hidden>,
 Benjamin Esham <address@hidden> wrote:

> | paper output to `newworld.ps'...
> | warning: lily-guile: Can't find PFA font "ecbx10"
> | warning: lily-guile: Can't find PFA font "ecbx12"
> | warning: lily-guile: Can't find PFA font "eccc10"
> | warning: lily-guile: Can't find PFA font "ecrm10"
> | warning: lily-guile: Can't find PFA font "ecti7"

Hmm. All of these are in ec-fonts-mftraced. Can you make sure that your
version of this is up-to-date and installed?

Fink says I have the latest version of ec-fonts-mftraced installed. This may
not matter, however; now I'm using a newer version of LilyPond (that has
its own batch of font problems :-)).  See below.

> I then tried to install lilypond-unstable-2.3.9-2, and when I tried to
> process a file I got this:
>
> | parts.ly:1:23: error: parse error, expecting `DOUBLE_ANGLE_OPEN' or
> | `SEQUENTIAL' or `SIMULTANEOUS' or `'{'':
> | brass = \notes \relativ
> |                        e c' {
>
> I assumed that this was just a change in syntax causing problems,

Yes, you'll need to run convert-ly

Okay, removing every instance of "\notes" seemed to do the trick here. Thanks.

> | Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
> | Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting

That file should be in:

/sw/share/lilypond/2.3.9/fonts/afm/feta20.afm

but combined with your first problem above, it looks to me like some TeX
related environment variables may have been scrambled. Could it be that
your shell is not running /sw/bin/init.{sh,csh} properly?

The file is there, and the permissions seem to be fine (I can read it). AFAICT /sw/bin/init.csh is being run; my $PATH includes /sw/bin, and $TEXMF is set
to /sw/share/texmf.  Any ideas on this one?

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8