Re: [Laura Conrad] Lilypond-book problem

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [Laura Conrad] Lilypond-book problem
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:41:54 -0700

On 11-Jun-05, at 3:04 AM, Herman Grootaers wrote:

On Saturday 11 June 2005 09:39, you wrote:
On 10-Jun-05, at 11:54 PM, Herman Grootaers wrote:
I get a ps-file when I do:

That's why the next command is ps2pdf. It's in the docs, 12.6. Is this
info lacking somewhere else?

Just that dvips with the option -o generates a ps-file, the option in the book 12.1 and following chapters make things more complex in my poinyt of view. I

Sorry -- are you complaining that we tell users how to create pdfs, or that we don't tell users how to create pdfs? If you only want a .dvi or .ps, then you can
stop following the instructions a few steps early.

When I was checking my last comment, found that in the documentation section 10.1 the output of creating titles has extra space above and is too much shifted to the left, killing in effect the leftmargin of the page. (just
nit-picking;=)).

Yes; I think it's because the \header example has a set pagewidth. If you know
how to fix this, please tell me.

We know; there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it.

Pity, it should be mentioned in the documentation

Good point; I'll do that.

 of the example of the piece
from Han-Wen, so the users will know what they can expect as normal
behaviour.

Where's this example?