Re: [Laura Conrad] Lilypond-book problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: [Laura Conrad] Lilypond-book problem
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:54:39 +0200

I just tried again with the files Laura sent 06/11/2005, just
commenting out the #(set-default-paper-size "letter"), nothing else,
and then the example works perfectly well here with the latest CVS.
(The latest change to lilypond-book that could affect this was done
06/01/2005, i.e. between 2.5.27 and 2.5.28.)

If you still see the problems, please send an example.

If you manually specify the line width using [linewidth=...] or
by explicitly setting it within the .ly code, then I can understand
the problem, since lilypond-book by default makes one .eps file for
each score line, so LaTeX might place several of them on a line.
Maybe it would be a good idea to insert a \newline between each
.eps file, at least if not \betweenLilyPondSystem is defined.

   /Mats

Graham Percival wrote:

On 15-Jun-05, at 5:03 AM, Laura Conrad wrote:

    MB> The problem with your example is that you use
    MB> #(set-default-paper-size "letter") within the included .ly
    MB> file. lilypond-book will automatically detect the page layout
    MB> used in the rest of the LaTeX document and insert commands
    MB> into the lilypond code to get the correct line width.

No, I commented it out and still get the problem on 2.5.31.

I got similar results with 2.5.30+ (cvs).

Currently there are a few problems with margins and lilypond-book (I think
that's what causes this problem -- the first line is slightly less than the textwidth, so LaTeX places another staff line next to the first line). If you envelope
your score in a \book{}, then the linewidth is correct (and this problem is
avoided), but the textheight is too big (and the score runs off the bottom
of the page).

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems