Re: Transformation experiments

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Re: Transformation experiments
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 22:53:08 +0200

Hi Han-Wen

On 5/3/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Interesting idea! We'll need a SVG implementation before I could accept
it; and the bboxes should be correct too.

Shure.

Currently the implementation rotates a stencil around it's center, but this isn't alway desired (I think). It would perhaps make more sense to rotate hairpins around the origin... I'm thinking of a good way to make this tunable... something like this perhaps:

stencil->rotate(angle, offset)

where offset is either origin or center (or some other point)... Ideas?

Regards,
  Erlend

Erlend Aasland schreef:
> ...and another version, now with a generic grob property ('rotation)
> that let you rotate any grob (for example crescendo hairpins).
>
> On 5/3/06, *Erlend Aasland * < address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     ...just a small improvement: the target stencil is now rotated
>     around its center, not its origin.
>
>     On 5/3/06, *Erlend Aasland* < address@hidden
>     <mailto:address@hidden >> wrote:
>
>         Hello everyone,
>
>         I've been experimenting a bit with a rotate command (just for
>         fun and for getting to know the internals of Lilypond better).
>         The result of the experiment is in the attached patch. Seems to
>         work well enough, but the implementation could probably be
>         better :-)
>
>         Comments?
>

>         Regards,
>           Erlend Aasland