Re: Transformation experiments

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Transformation experiments
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 23:02:52 +0200

Quoting Erlend Aasland <address@hidden>:

Currently the implementation rotates a stencil around it's center, but this
isn't alway desired (I think). It would perhaps make more sense to rotate
hairpins around the origin... I'm thinking of a good way to make this
tunable... something like this perhaps:

stencil->rotate(angle, offset)

where offset is either origin or center (or some other point)... Ideas?

Following the ideas of other alignments in LilyPond, you could let the offset be represented by a tuple (X offset and Y offset), where 0 means center, -1 is left/lower edge, +1 is right/top edge.
Note that the values should/could be any real number, not necessarily
limited to the range [-1,1].

  /Mats