Re: Context aliases

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Context aliases
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:02:39 +0100

Erik Sandberg escreveu:

I think this will be an improvement, because we remove the concept of
aliases, which confuses users (at least it confuses me a bit); in
addition we don't need to do anything extra to softcode aliases.
I don't understand. How will this work in practice?  Ie. if I do

   \set Timing.measurePosition = #..

how will it be processed?

We will have to change that to an \applyContext which finds/creates a context with the 'timing property set, something like
\findContextWithPredicate #'timing \set measurePosition = #...

I still don't understand why you want to scrap it.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com