Re: Context aliases

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Context aliases
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:41:50 +0100

Erik Sandberg escreveu:
However, aliases are not much used in the back-end; so we could still do the API minimisation (i.e., move aliases to context_handle, and make sure all alias calculations happen on the iteration side). The only problematic part I found in the back-end was the autoAccidentals list, which begins with a context alias. I don't understand that mechanism; is there a reason why we don't let the user decide which rules to apply where, by setting autoAccidentals to different values in different contexts?

I'm not sure if you could pull that off. You'd have to look at the (quite hairy) code.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com