\times vs. \tuplet

From: Graham Percival
Subject: \times vs. \tuplet
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:09:51 -0800

Proposal: deprecate \times, use \tuplet instead.

Previous discussions about this went off in a discussion about scheme (or schemifying the entire input syntax) and whatnot, so nothing ended up happening.

I believe that simply replacing the command "\times" with "\tuplet" would be an easy change (including for convert-ly). If we're going to make this change at any point in the next two years, this the ideal time to do it, while we're still working on GDP, LSR, and whatnot.

Thoughts?