Re: \times vs. \tuplet

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: \times vs. \tuplet
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:08:33 +0100

2007/12/12, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

> Out of curiosity, which of the two functions do you
> use the most, the one with one or with three arguments?

As a matter of fact, you posted the one with one argument before
adding your snippet:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-01/msg00503.html

So I began with this function, and never really tried the other (had I
known that the other one was also possible, I probably would have used
this instead).

I type \t for "\times 2/3", \tt for "4/5" and \ttt for "4/6" and I use
all of them a *lot*.

But the main thing is that this very function made me fully understand
how to write basic notemode music-functions using Scheme (I had tried
to read the Manual, but had felt immediately quite discouraged).

So, thank you very much!

Graham: By the way, Mats' question made me think about possible
corrections in the NR.
I know GDP isn't close to deal with Scheme section yet, but here's a
patch against /master if you're interested in it. It's a bit large but
as you'll see, it's just about adding more progressive explanations
about the examples, and begin with Mats' magical example that once
made me understand everything :)

For the record: although my laptop is broken and I'm running Windows
on an old 600MHz box, I managed to make this patch thanks to the whole
new msysGit!

Valentin