Re: Translation glossary

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Translation glossary
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:16:41 +0100

Le vendredi 07 décembre 2007 à 20:39 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :
> Ok, I guess the wiki is indeed the easiest way to do this kind of
> sharing. I have so far also the musical terms in one file but I thought
> it would be wise to mangle everything. I also realized that I should
> check the Glossary in the sources if it is in line with the terms used
> in the translation of the docs.

Of course!

> Yes, now I am the translator for lilypond also on the Translation
> Project, but it might be wise in future. In the end there should
> probably be also a website unter development explaining some starting
> points for translation (and of course referring to the TRANSLATION file).

It's an involved task; I wonder whether it's worth doing it, as there
are few translators.  Something that could be done in that direction is
formatting TRANSLATION in Texinfo or Wiki, to start a real "translators
guide".  IMHO it's not a priority, Lily translators could do many other
things; for example, helping users in their mother spaeaking language
though a list or forum, work on the docs in their language.  The latter
is interesting, but then interesting doc changes in other languages than
English should be translated back to English, which is not easy.  Any
thoughts on this?

Cheers,
John