Re: Translation glossary

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Translation glossary
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:39:56 +0200

John Mandereau schrieb:
Possible options for storing translation ressources are
- the unofficial wiki, as Jean-Charles proposed,
- a git branch (maybe it would be too confidential),
- a site shared by many translators (the better option I think, but also
the most difficult to organize).
Ok, I guess the wiki is indeed the easiest way to do this kind of sharing. I have so far also the musical terms in one file but I thought it would be wise to mangle everything. I also realized that I should check the Glossary in the sources if it is in line with the terms used in the translation of the docs.
IMHO it's very important to discuss this with your language team in Free
Translation Project -- I hope we'll be able to share out glossary with
the French team sooner or later.
Yes, now I am the translator for lilypond also on the Translation Project, but it might be wise in future. In the end there should probably be also a website unter development explaining some starting points for translation (and of course referring to the TRANSLATION file).

Greetings
Till
Cheers,
John