Re: Update template for ancient music transcription

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Update template for ancient music transcription
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:14:00 +0200

Hi,
nice that there are some people who use this... I have a totally new idea in mind, which is only to put the incipit as a markup into the instruments name. That is, you write an identifier like incipitcantus which looks like:

incipitcantus=\markup{
    \score{
        {
        \set Staff.instrumentName="Supranus "
        \override NoteHead   #'style = #'neomensural
        \override Rest #'style = #'neomensural
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'neomensural
        \cadenzaOn
        \clef "petrucci-c1"
        \key f \major
        \time 2/2
        r\longa r \[f'\breve g' a' \]
        }
    \layout {
        \context {\Voice
            \remove Ligature_bracket_engraver
            \consists Mensural_ligature_engraver
        }
        line-width=5\cm
    }
    }
}

and put it into the Staff.instrumentName : \set Staff.instrumentName=\incipitcantus  inside the \new Staff declaration. I will try to update the template, but had some errors with text still: I didn't figure out if it is possible to add text to the incipit.
If you don't understand this, just ask me again, I got the hint by Alvaro Nanches, I think he is ok if I send his file to you. You will have to remember to manually set the lenght of the indent for the first line of the music to the appropriate lenght. The line-width you will also have to change to your music.

Greetings
Till

Stefan Slapeta schrieb:

Here you are.

I would like to fix other things as well (i.e. the missing system start delimiter after the incipit!!), maybe someone could give me a hint?

Cheers,

Stefan

Graham Percival schrieb:
Thanks for the interest!  Could you send me an entire new
template, with these changes (and whatever else you'd like to
change) ?  That would be easiest for me.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:45:16 +0100