Re: my apologies: incorrectly modified source code

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: my apologies: incorrectly modified source code
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:49:39 +0100

2008/1/14, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Are you familiar with the concept of "mentorship"?

I'm not. However I'm pretty familiar with the concept of me wanting to
do something I shouldn't try to do.

> This wouldn't apply if you were some random user, but I know that
> you're intelligent and spend a lot of time and effort on lilypond.

I am also a geek, and therefore potentially harmful...

> If it's obvious, then somebody like Mats or Rune can apply them.
> They have a much better sense of the internal lilypond design than
> we do.

... Oh yes they do.... (sigh)

I guess I just feel so concerned about the few developers we have that
I just would like to do everything I can to save them some work. Plus,
I find working with git very exciting (I'm using it for my own opera
now)... and I felt much more comfortable with applying someone else's
patch (particularly coming from Joe) than with commiting anything on
my own, should it be a trivial typo correction in the docs.

Won't do it again :)

Cheers,
Valentin