Re: my apologies: incorrectly modified source code

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: my apologies: incorrectly modified source code
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:01:39 -0800

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:49:39 +0100
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I guess I just feel so concerned about the few developers we have that
> I just would like to do everything I can to save them some work. Plus,
> I find working with git very exciting (I'm using it for my own opera
> now)... and I felt much more comfortable with applying someone else's
> patch (particularly coming from Joe) than with commiting anything on
> my own, should it be a trivial typo correction in the docs.

Since you evidently still have too much energy, pick one of the
following:
1)  Get involved with GDP.  Review 1.1 Pitches, then skim through
LM 2-4.  Then finally I'll give you a doc section to play with...
how does 1.8 Text sound?  Nobody's touched that yet.  (and yes,
you're allowed to commit text.itely in git)

2)  Pick a bug and try to fix it.  Send patch(es) here for
comments.

Given everything else happening, I recomment #1 for the next few
months.  There will be plenty of bugs remaining after GDP is over.