Re: texi2html build system

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: texi2html build system
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 09:06:39 +0200

Le dimanche 06 avril 2008 à 08:24 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, 6. April 2008 schrieb Graham Percival:
> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:33:49 +0200
> > Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Actually, I'm already working in the dev/texi2html branch in git...
> [...]
> > > The English docs in Documentation/user build just fine, the language
> > > docs also build to a large extent,
> [...]
> > Sounds good.  I'm pretty certain that John was the last person to
> > work on www_post.py, and he's much more familiar with the doc
> > build system than I am, so I'll let you work it out with him.  :)

I successfully built dev/texi2html on Friday.  I'm happily surprised
that the html-gettext trickery still works well for translating section
titles, although we're going to use @translationof mechanism -- I'm
going to convert the translated docs in a few days.

> I now made everything build just fine and installed the branch also on
> kainhofer.com:
>
> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/texi2html-out/Documentation/index.html
>
> There, everything is built with texi2html. Of course, there are several
> issues
> that need to be fixed...

Yes, for example PNG images used e.g. in Introduction:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/texi2html-out/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Engraving.html
texi2html does't simplify the path "../out-www/foo-flat.png" into
"foo-flat.png", so the images are broken in the final docs.  It would be
very cool if texi2html could write "../foo-flat.png" for splitted docs,
this would simplify add_html_footer trickery.

Cheers,
John