Re: texi2html build system

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: texi2html build system
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:19:13 +0200

Le mardi 08 avril 2008 à 12:07 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :
> Am Dienstag, 8. April 2008 schrieb John Mandereau:

> Well, for references within the same document, everything works fine (as
> texi2html keeps a hash of node<=>filename#ID assignments anyway). However,
> for cross-references from other documents (i.e. a link in the LM to the NR),
> there is no system yet in place to handle those. But that's not specific to
> @translationof, as it is already a problem with multiple nodes inside the
> same .html file. The @ref only points to the nodename, which might be inside
> a file that does not have anything to do with the nodename... We'll have to
> fix this problem in any case, so @translationof does not make things worse.

Good point.  buildscripts/tely_gettext.py is now ready to convert
translated docs as far as I have tested it, but it's better to merge
dev/texi2html into master just after translating titles and adding
@translationof with the script, so that there are less merging conflicts
and translators don't go mad with a mix of files with and without
@translationof.  It's also preferable to wait until the sections are
moved in NR 2, doc PO files are updated and fully translated.

> Thanks, however, one thing about the --init parameter of texi2html:
> Unfortunately, it needs to come last in any call to texi2html, since the
> options to texi2html are interpreted sequentially and in our .init file we
> checks for several things defined by options. So, if  --split=section is put
> after --init=..., the .init script can't check whether we split by section or
> not at all, since the SPLIT variable will only be defined when the --split
> option is processed. Similarly, the --lang=.. should be before --init,
> otherwise we don't have the language available in the .init script.
>
> That's the reason why I always put the $(TEXI2HTML_INIT) last.

Ah sorry, I didn't know the command line parsing worked like that.  I
fixed it some time ago.

Cheers,
John