Re: How shall we treat AU "1.2 Compiling from source" in translations?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: How shall we treat AU "1.2 Compiling from source" in translations?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:08:07 +0200

On 2008/09/10 14:15 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> I understand the reasons and I agree, too. However, it's not clear to me how
> the following sections should look like in the translations. Shall we simply
> replace all of section 1.2 by something like:
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> @node Compiling from source
> @section Compiling from source
>
> You can also compile LilyPond directly from the source-code in the git
> repository. As this definitely requires some basic knowledge of English, we
> only refer to the [[link to english Compiling-from-source.html|English
> documentation]] for the instructions.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I would prefer this to directly inserting english text in the translated
> documentation.

You're right; Till's already made a similar request.

> However, what I'm missing is a way to create a link to the
> corresponding English section... How can I do this?

@iftex
see the documentation in English, @ref{Compiling from
source,,,lilypond-program,Application Usage}.
@end iftex
@ifhtml
see the documentation in English by following the link at bottom of this
page.
@end ifhtml

You could even use something like

see the @uref{Compiling-from-source.html,documentation in English}.